• What is a cognitive enterprise and what does one really look like on the ground? • Transforming your business through advanced cognitive systems – what impact can techniques such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning have on the way your organization operates? • Overcoming limited human capacity to extract meaning from ever increasing amounts… Read more.Speaking
Global Operational Analytics Solution Lead, Chief Analytics Office and Chief Data Office - IBM
Confab Group Session 1
• Given the emerging nature of the CDO role, what are the options for the reporting lines of the position? • How does a CDO’s reporting lines impact their effectiveness? • Are we seeing a convergence as to where CDOs should report, or do different organizational needs produce different optimal structures?
• Delineating your data – Successfully following lineage from A to B to C • Maximizing your assets – Incorporating novel data sources into your data sets • What are the common pitfalls when dealing with multiple data sources, and how can these be avoided? • What the increase in data variety means for you… Read more.
• Making data understandable for the uninitiated – explaining the power of data and analytics to those unfamiliar with it • Know your audience – Ensuring you are speaking the right language to the right person, and how to adapt your message to different audiences • How can you best use visualizations to help communicate… Read more.
• Ensuring that value is at the heart of your data strategy – How can data and analytics be utilized to create new business models and revenue sources? • Using data to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of business models • Constant creativity – What can you do to continually inspire innovation and original thinking?
Confab Group Session 2
• Exploring the most effective methods to identify the best talent for your team • Understanding attraction – what is the key to making your data team appealing to potential hires? • Approaches to map the different skill sets your team will need, and finding the balance of talent to deliver
• When is good ‘good enough’? Approaches to assessing quality and determining benchmarks • What are the main barriers to high quality data for the long-term, and how can these be overcome? • Building on strong foundations – Trusted data quality for trusted business insights
• Education as a catalyst for change – creating an enterprise-wide knowledge of data and analytics • Identifying the common obstacles to education on data and analytics projects, and the strategies to overcome them • Empowering colleagues to self-serve – What opportunities does self-service analytics offer, and how can they be realized?
• Moving towards a customer-centric data strategy – Structuring your data with consumers in mind • Using personalization to create data-driven interactions that will foster positivity about your service • What mix of expertise and technology is required to deliver outstanding customer service?
Confab Group Session 3
• Understanding the role and needs of internal clients and the ways in which data can empower them • Selling your data and analytics services – how to overcome scepticism by demonstrating your worth through case studies, testing, and promotion • Managing client expectations and living up to the data hype
• Implementing the right policies to ensure high standards in your organization • It’s not a project, it’s a way of life – Utilizing education to sustain governance beyond initial implementation • Ensuring data governance is relevant, engaging, and remains an enterprise-wide priority in the future
• How can data analytics be used to optimize your operations and reduce costs, to deliver larger profits? • Sharing approaches to using data to reveal potential efficiency improvements • How can analytics improve assessments of financial performance, to optimize budgeting and forecasting?
• What types of data can help improve our products, and where can we get it? • Delivering insights to optimize product pricing • Getting personal – Using data and analytics to empower product personalization
Confab Group Session 4
• What should the balance be between the need for delivering ‘quick wins’ compared with pursuing more long-term objectives? • Setting realistic expectations – ensuring your peers recognise long-term goals of a comprehensive data strategy • What to do when the low hanging fruit runs out? Prioritizing future efforts
Confab Group 4B: Putting Your Data to Work Whilst Ensuring Quality – Balancing Governance with Innovation
• Is it possible to have strong governance whilst also ensuring you remain agile and able to innovate, or is one a barrier to the other? • Does the desire (or need) to move from defense to offense in data strategy threaten the ability to ensure accurate information? • Does a middle ground exist, which… Read more.
• Uncovering trends and patterns for potential revenue growth using advanced analytics tools • Get ahead of the game – improving customer growth, retention, and value through predictive analytics • Data as your crystal ball – how predictive analytics can improve revenue forecasting for better financial preparations
Associate Vice President, Big Data, Enterprise Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence - Molina Healthcare
• Increasing the impact of marketing efforts through the use of new tools and technologies • Enabling better targeted, personalized marketing campaigns to improve effectiveness. • What are the key metrics to measure results and promote development
Keynote Confab: Delivering on Innovation – How can you Demonstrate the Value of your Data Office and Have Meaningful Cognitive Impact Across Your Enterprise?
• Identifying the ideal mix of ‘offensive’ & ‘defensive’ measures a data leader must pursue in order to move beyond volume, velocity and variety to the fourth ‘V’; Value • Data as a source of innovation – utilizing your information to out-compete your opponents • Building partnerships to deliver impact – Ensuring tight linkage with… Read more.Speaking
• Successfully delivery of any data program requires a prolonged willingness to invest – How can you ensure that data remains an area of priority for continued investment? • How to embed a data-driven culture in your organization’s senior leadership, allowing you to reap the financial rewards • Building on your successes – Earning trust… Read more.Speaking